
James Eldon Johnson
Born April 18, 2011
2:50 am
2 lbs 8 oz.
14.5 inches long
Through the tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father we were blessed to have him alive on this earth for 49 minutes. I wish I could describe the love, joy and peace that was felt as we held our precious baby boy. The veil was thin and spirit strong while he was with us. Sooo sad we don't have him here with us each and every day, but so grateful for our testimony and knowledge that he has been called Home by his Father in Heaven to do His work.
We love you little man and pray you will be with us from time to time.
Here are a few pictures of our angel for you to enjoy.
Our sweet nurse Nancy bought us this blanket and beanie for James since we had nothing for him. We did not expect to have a baby that day. We were so grateful.
We treasure it as it is the only thing we have from the time he was alive.

I wish I could do this right now. I had to get all my cuddles, touching, smelling, and bothering in during the short time we had him. It's amazing the instant love you have for your children, even more than you did while pregnant. LOVE!

Grandpa Johnson. I think James affected his Grandpa in a big way.

Grandma Johnson. What a tender moment! This shows the instant love she had for James.

James with his Grams and Gramps (not sure what they want to be called. I know it's not Grandma and Grandpa Whitmore). They love their first Grandson so much they even dedicated a whole wall in their living room to our little family.
This is a picture of his cute little feet the hospital took for us. Isn't it precious? This is a photo we are having engraved on his headstone. Miss those feet.




The pictures taken when I was dressed were taken by an amazing lady named Heidi Vawdry.
She volunteers for an organization called Now I Lay Me down to Sleep.
This is an organization that takes pictures in the Hospital for parents who lose their babies.
What a wonderful gift. Heidi goes above and beyond though. She started a blog for those of us she has worked with to join and share. She also organizes get-togethers which has been fun.
It's fun to share with others what we have experienced.
These pictures were taken at the Family Prayer at Cannon Mortuary

His casket was tiny - only 19 inches long.
We did a balloon launch at the end of the funeral. We had several balloons, sadly not enough for everybody. We sent the balloons off with love to James.
I love that last shot with the Christus statue. precious

I will share his full story soon.






7 comments:
Marie I am so so sorry. I had no idea. You must miss him every day. What precious photos and memories. He is yours forever. I hope you and Nate are doing okay. Only time and the Lord can heal you hearts. Love you!
So sweet Marie!
Beautiful pictures and an amazing post. Love you!
My heart just breaks for you two!! It is times like these that I am so grateful for the gospel and the promise that families can be together forever! He is darling and your testimony and courage are so inspiring!
He's a beautiful boy, Marie, and I am grateful that I got to meet him. Some of the angels that I photograph have particularly strong spirits, and he is in that crowd.
I heard all about your story from Jayne. So heartbreaking. He is so precious and I'm sure you miss him every day. Thank Heaven's you will see him again. It probably seems so far away though. You are in my prayers. I'm excited for you to post his full story and I'm glad you're blogging again!
Love to the whole family, Marie. What a beautiful documentation. Thank you for sharing such tender memories. Glad I stopped in to your blog!
Love, Mama Deb
Post a Comment