Each month the wives of Nate's friends and I try to do a Girl's Night. I hosted in July. Somehow I came up with the idea that we should dress up in Victorian period clothing and have a brunch (at dinner time) in the park. We called it a Garden Brunch. Well, not many were able to make it, but those of us that did had fun. I was quite pleasantly surprised at how much everyone got into their costumes. Here are some pictures from our get-together.
I Love that they made their outfits. The following pictures are of them and their dresses...
Thanks for coming girls. It was a fun night. We all went back to my apartment to watch Hello Dolly after the park. If anyone is interested in attending our girls nights please let me know. The more the merrier.
About a month or two ago we went on a quick camping trip up to Ledgefork near Smith and Morehouse. We went with Cameron and Jessica Benson and Jessica's sister Raquel. It was a good time. Here are some pictures of our adventures.







A little dirty boys?



We saw a show...

This is Nate and our niece aubree with the cowboy.
Now this was funny! We took a boat ride on the river. Well, this boat did not have a motor, WE were the motor. Nate and his dad propelled us along on our ride. It was almost comical watching both of them think they knew best how to steer. Well, we were moving veerrrryyyyy slowly at times. You may be wondering why this is a problem. We were floating down a river...relaxing, right? Well, if you were there you would realize that storm clouds were ever more quickly coming our way. There was lightning in the near distance. If you remember from your science classes, Lightning + water+ people = bad things. For the life of me I couldn't get Nate or Kim to realize the urgency of us getting to the end. I was not about to pull to the side, get out, and carry a metal boat in the rain back to the dock. I prefer rowing all the way there. I sat for a while watching the clouds inch closer, every once in a while I'd try to motivate our dual motors to increase our speed. Finally, I had had enough... I took over. I rowed as fast and as hard as I possibly could. Kim followed my lead. I guess leading by example is the best way. After about 30 seconds I thought I might pass out, but kept going. Afterall, I had motivation looming above me. One other thing I should mention... I'm pretty certain that the very moment I took over as the rear motor the wind thought he'd challenge me and blow even harder. There were times were we didn't move anywhere. We finally made it to the dock, and just in time too. It started raining as we got out of the boat. It was a good time! I really did have fun. It was just me, Nate, Kim, JoLynn, and Dick. Here are a few pictures we took along the way.




A little dirty boys?
We fed the fish...
We saw a show...
This is Nate and our niece aubree with the cowboy.
We played some lawn bowling, or bocce, or bulles... take your pick.
Now this was funny! We took a boat ride on the river. Well, this boat did not have a motor, WE were the motor. Nate and his dad propelled us along on our ride. It was almost comical watching both of them think they knew best how to steer. Well, we were moving veerrrryyyyy slowly at times. You may be wondering why this is a problem. We were floating down a river...relaxing, right? Well, if you were there you would realize that storm clouds were ever more quickly coming our way. There was lightning in the near distance. If you remember from your science classes, Lightning + water+ people = bad things. For the life of me I couldn't get Nate or Kim to realize the urgency of us getting to the end. I was not about to pull to the side, get out, and carry a metal boat in the rain back to the dock. I prefer rowing all the way there. I sat for a while watching the clouds inch closer, every once in a while I'd try to motivate our dual motors to increase our speed. Finally, I had had enough... I took over. I rowed as fast and as hard as I possibly could. Kim followed my lead. I guess leading by example is the best way. After about 30 seconds I thought I might pass out, but kept going. Afterall, I had motivation looming above me. One other thing I should mention... I'm pretty certain that the very moment I took over as the rear motor the wind thought he'd challenge me and blow even harder. There were times were we didn't move anywhere. We finally made it to the dock, and just in time too. It started raining as we got out of the boat. It was a good time! I really did have fun. It was just me, Nate, Kim, JoLynn, and Dick. Here are a few pictures we took along the way.
the original rear motor

Sally bating her hook. Man I put the worm on my hook. I'm not a fan of it squirming as you jab a sharp hook through it's body. Gross!!
Of course we went to Yellowstone...We also did a little fishing. We went very early one morning hoping to see some wildlife. All we saw was a pelican. bummer. also, i did not catch any fish. good thing i was fishing for our dinner, we would have starved.
Sally bating her hook. Man I put the worm on my hook. I'm not a fan of it squirming as you jab a sharp hook through it's body. Gross!!
JoLynn getting a little fishing in.
Yellowstone was Beautiful. We'll have to go to another part next time we're up there.
These last two pictures I took for Hayley. I wish I had pictures of us on my computer from our college days. Hayley and I used to love driving up to Park City just to hang out for the day. One day we spent our time driving all around the city taking pictures with huge statues of Moose that were decorated. Well, while shopping in Yellowstone I saw these buffalo and thought of Hayley.
It was a great family trip. David, my brother-in-law, and I voted to go to Aisa next year. We'll see how that goes.



4 comments:
We are excited for our upcoming family trip to Yellowstone too!
I love the pictures of your Garden Brunch! How fun that all the girls got into it!
Whoa! Where have I been and how come I have not noticed that you have updated your blog?
I wish I could have gone to that Victorian Girls night out - it did look fun and I must say you did a fabulous job! AND I am bumbed that I am missing this weekend too cause this one sounds fun - but we are actually going to Yellowstone this weekend!
OH MARIE! I miss you - we need to talk more!
Welcome back to blogging!! Looks like an action packed summer! Lots of fun!
holy cow! it looks like you guys are having so much fun!
Post a Comment