Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome Home Elder!

My younger brother Spencer comes home from his mission in 2 weeks!! He has been serving in the Leeds England mission for the past 2 years. I am counting down the days until he comes home. I am so proud of him for his decision to serve the Lord and the people of England. I know he has truly enjoyed it. His weekly emails are evidence of this. He is excited, yet really sad to have to leave. I am excited to get to know the new and improved Spencer. We were good friends before his mission and I'm excited to start our new relationship. I am also excited for him to meet Nate. They have never met. Nate and I started dating about 2 months after Spencer left. I think they'll get along. Nate and Collin have a good time together and Spencer is a lot like Collin. We have the whole weekend planned. He flies in Thursday night and then we are hanging out as a family all day Friday. We'll probably go up the canyon and chat, eat, and play games. Saturday night is the BBQ for friends and Sunday is his homecoming. I'll post pictures from that weekend later, so stay tuned. See ya in two weeks little bro!

2 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

So crazy that its been 2 years! Welcome home! Have fun with the fam!

Lori said...

Thanks for posting this, I am excited too. But for your info Marie the BBQ in for his friends and the immediate family can be there, not extended.