Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wedding dress Showcase

I know, more wedding, but this will be the final post with wedding pictures. I just wanted to dedicate a post to one of my most favorite parts of my wedding reception. While planning the wedding I came up with an idea, using inspiration from some things I had seen done at other receptions... to display our mom's and grandma's wedding dresses and pictures. Lucky for me, all of them still had theirs. I loved the idea from the start and I am thrilled that so many of our guests loved it too! I can't tell you how many compliments I received on it. Here are a few pictures for those of you who were not able to experience it in person.

Marie's mom - Lori

Nate's mom - JoLynn

Nate's Maternal Grandma - Donna

Marie's Maternal Grandma - Bonnie

Marie's Paternal Grandma - Phyllis

And here they are all together. Didn't it turn out great!? I hope it becomes a family tradition because it was so much fun! Feel free to borrow my idea. Not only was it fun, but so special to see first hand what the generations of women in our family wore on their wedding days.

10 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

It really was a cool thing to do! I personally loved to see it displayed! Way to go Marie...you are so creative!

{owens} said...

what a great idea! Thats neat. Hey did you read that last comment on one of your slideshows from me about my soon to be sister in law??

Nicki said...

I had never seen that done before and I was so impressed when I learned that you came up with that idea! It was such a fun display! I was surprised how far along wedding dresses have come. I didn't realize how simple they used to be. Good job, Marie!

{owens} said...

If you could get us some connections that would be AWESOME. One problem. I just got a new phone and don't have any numbers in it. Email me at ashandcam@gmail.com and give me your number and I'll call ya. Thanks Marie, you're the best.

Mike and Shelby said...

What a great idea! (And a near- FREE decotating tip!) It must have been such a moving thing to see.

Amy said...

wow! what a good idea. I'm surprised all the dresses are still so white!

Nikki said...

That is such a neat idea!!! Too bad I'm already married, that would have been fun to do.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I love that idea!! That is fabulous!!

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Wow, that is so awesome! What a great idea!

Melissa and Allen said...

that is so so cool. i wish i could have seen it in person. So you know my cousin mark?!? How funny! I'm surprised we didn't put that together sooner