Also last week, on the 2nd, was Nate's mom's birthday. Those family members who could, went out to lunch to celebrate. The girls also went to see the movie Horton hears a Who. I had work and such things that kept me away, but I hope she enjoyed her day!
I would just like to tell you a few things that I have learned about JoLynn over the last year and a half and have been impressed with.
*She is one of the most selfless people I know. She is ALWAYS doing something for somebody else. There is never a dull moment in her life. I don't think I've seen her just sit and do nothing since I met her. She is always there to help when any of her kids are in need. I can't begin to tell you what she has already done for Nate and I.
*She is incredibly creative. There is constantly a "craft" in progress at the Johnson house. She quilts and paints quite often, among other things. She is a member of the painting guild and made Nate and I the cutest quilt for our wedding. (Thanks JoLynn!)
*She is such a great Grandma. She adores Aubree and I know she will adore all of her grandchildren just the same. I love watching her and Aubree interact. I can only hope I will be able to learn from her example and be such an amazing mom.
*Oh, how she can cook! I tend to be a picky eater, but somehow whenever she cooks something "I don't like", I end up loving it! Example:candied yams at Thanksgiving-a previously loathed side-dish that I now crave. I aspire to be such a great cook. (Sorry Nate that you had to go from a gourmet cook to a novice.
*Although she does not spend much time watching the TV or movies, she is a girl after my own heart. She is a fan of NCIS and the Barbara Streisand movie What's up Doc? Another favorite of hers is Monk.
*She enjoys traveling with her husband(Kim). They like to go down to the condo in St. George or up to the Cabin and often times love to take the family with them. They have also traveled to many other more exotic places.
*She was once and high school teacher and is currently working for Zion's Bank.
*She likes to garden and has an amazing yard.
*She is a morning person and gets up early every morning. Oh how I wish I could be so chipper that early in the morning.
There's so much more I could say about JoLynn, she is remarkable, but I suppose I should get back to the real world. I feel so fortunate to have such an incredible mother-in-law. Thanks for being so great and for raising Nate so well. He is who he is, in a large part because of you. Happy birthday!(Late) We Love You!



1 comment:
Hooray! I just found your blog! This is Melanie Walton. You and Nate look so cute together. I hope married life is treating you well! Will you email me your gmail email so I can add you to our private blog? My email is melanieewalton@gmail.com
Post a Comment